About Me

My photo
I like Canada. I like her sky, her moutains, her rivers, her trees, and her people.I came from China,and I like China too. She has long history. From Asia to North America, from west coast of the Pacific to east coast of the Pacific, my life seems landing in a new horizon. I like this horizon, because it is full of annonymous things. I like this challenges. I have confident with my new life!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Be Veg. Go Green



Nowadays, be a vegetarian is becoming a trend. It is not only for health, but also for prevents the globe warming.

Based on the latest satellite date cited in a December 2007 article, the national Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) climate scientist predicts that nearly all the ice could be gone from the Arctic Ocean by the end of summer 2012! So terrible news it is.
Scientists said change our diet can do helpful to roll things back. Animal agriculture is a large source of greenhouse gases and is responsible for 18 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions as measured in CO2 equivalents. Because animals fed on grain, those need far more water than grain crops. In addition, animal farming produces 65 percent of human-related nitrous oxide and 37 percent of all human-induced methane. Methane has about 21 times more Global Warming Potential (GWP) than carbon dioxide. The other expression is the resource consumption of a meat eater per meal can supply 20 vegetarian per meal. Therefore, to be a vegetarian can contributes our globe environment greatly.

photo from://www.ars.usda.gov/is/graphics/photos/

1 comment:

  1. Good writing wendy.I Like your blog. You write always good things about eating. Thank you and Good Luck

    ReplyDelete