About Me

My photo
I like Canada. I like her sky, her moutains, her rivers, her trees, and her people.I came from China,and I like China too. She has long history. From Asia to North America, from west coast of the Pacific to east coast of the Pacific, my life seems landing in a new horizon. I like this horizon, because it is full of annonymous things. I like this challenges. I have confident with my new life!

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Crazy Fad


Do you see the caps on the left pictures some where different from the other army caps? Actually it has no special differences from the other army caps. Now, I can tell you wearing it was a fad lasted two or three years in China thirty years ago. Was it crazy?
At that time, China haven't open its door to the world. People who lived there lack of fashionable clothes. To be a army were almost of boys and girls 's dreams. They copied the army caps and clothes like that girl in the photo, and that time, if you wondered on the Urban streets or rural countries in China, you would see all boys or girls wearing this kind of caps!They felt cool. No matter they were university students or peasants. This fad also caused some crimes. Some twenties robbed others army caps were posted into jars.Was it crazy? Of course it was.Fads are strange things.People who follow them are not irrational; they simply want to be part of an "in group".When a fad passed, sometimes you will think those people who ever followed this fad are no reason and crazy.
That is fad: it doesn't last long, but it do influence of our life.


Photos from www.news.cn and www.leiting.cn

3 comments:

  1. As we are the part of groups, it dose not matter the fad match to us or not;we countinue to follow fads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story. I think those caps look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have written 2022 World best articles in English. All our articles are original and written by ourselves.
    We write articles on fashion, business, technology, lifestyle, and motivation.

    webveral

    ReplyDelete