About Me

My photo
I like Canada. I like her sky, her moutains, her rivers, her trees, and her people.I came from China,and I like China too. She has long history. From Asia to North America, from west coast of the Pacific to east coast of the Pacific, my life seems landing in a new horizon. I like this horizon, because it is full of annonymous things. I like this challenges. I have confident with my new life!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

How to Overcome Fear of The Dark



last week, my husband and my daughter traveled to LA, so I stayed at home after classes alone. It was difficult for me to spend the night when I lighted off all lights. I live in a high rise , and its security is good. There were no possible that robbers can break into my home, but I still feared the dark night when I went to bed. Why? When I can't fell asleep, I asked myself. Maybe you fear of ghosts! The other me answered me. Actually, I don't believe the existence of the ghosts in the day times.

I tried to find the answer about how can I overcome fear of the dark.After I read some articles, I have known it’s amazing that kids are not the only ones who suffer with fear of the dark. Many adults, both male and female, are afraid of the dark. Therefore, I don't feel lonely about my psychological problem. I also learned some steps helping us how to deal with the fear. The first one is apply logic to the situation. Most fears are not logical, but they are emotional in nature.For example, you’re indoors and laying in bed, afraid to get up and go to the bathroom because of a certain dark shadow in the corner, turn on the light and see what that shadow is. This is the logical approach. Second, reading inspirational material. Instead of reading a horror book before bed. This can be religious, spiritual, motivational or just a wholesome story that will warm the heart. It will relax you and help you get sleepy. Third, meditation and prayer . Many people find that meditating before bed relaxes them and helps to release tension and overcome fear. As you lay in bed, imagine yourself somewhere you’d like to be. Prayer also helps people feel protected from their surroundings. Imagining guardian angels and the protective power of God can calm an anxious spirit. If you overcome the fear of dark, your life will become more full, rational, and your fears will be a thing of the past.

Picture from www.roblox.com

3 comments:

  1. It happens to me sometimes, but what I do is going over it to find out about my fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wendy, I agree with you. through praying I could solve many problems, one of them was overcome with my fears.thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Wendy. Very interesting story.

    ReplyDelete